There are many kinds of easy to access online gaming sites and activities. Single handed access to gaming is a potential disaster for a person with a compulsive gaming disorder or an bet138 interest to presenting a problem with gaming. With an abundance of online casinos and gambling on sites, anyone with a gaming problem and an Internet connection is confronted by temptations twenty-four hours a day.
Is compulsive gaming a real problem? Why can’t they just stop?
A compulsive gambler often wants to stop. After all, he is losing his money, his friends, damaging his family… But he can not stop. According to the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) : the American manual for mental medical researchers, Compulsive Gaming is a mental disorder that will require treatment.
How do you know if someone a compulsive gambler?
Problem gaming is characterized by problems to limit money and/or time spent on gaming activity leading to harmful effects on the gambler himself as well as to others. Pathological gaming is now defined as persistent and continuing maladaptive gaming behavior meeting at least five of the following criteria:
- Preoccupation. He/She has frequent thoughts about gaming experiences.
- Patience. He/She requires larger proposition wagers to get a “rush”.
- Moody.. Restless and irritable when they try to stop gaming.
- Escape. Gambles to “feel good” or get away from problems.
- Once more. Trying to win back gaming losses by gaming.
- Lying. Lies to hide his/her gaming habit.
- No control. He/She has unsuccessfully experimented with stop gaming.
- Law breaking. He/She has broken regulations to get money.
- Risked relationships. Gambles despite risking an important relationship,.
- Bailout. He/She turns to family or friends for financial help.
How can you Stop Someone from Gaming on my computer?
Open communication is the best way to approach a loved one with a believed gaming problem. If the problem is that they are gaming online, you can do a lot to help them. First of all, eliminating the temptations. That will not have to mean getting rid of your family computer or canceling the internet connection.
If your loved one admits to a problem and wants your help to overcome the problem, you can agree together to start by eliminating the straightforward access they have to gaming online. Simply by installing an effective web filter, you can easily block out gaming and gambling on websites from your PC.
A web filter, such as Optenet PC, is a software solution, that you install and manage on your computer. It’s rather a fast and easy way to curb a problem that is just beginning or helping a serious compulsive gambler eliminate the immediate access to online casinos.